It is important that parents and caregivers develop healthy eating habits and include exercise into their daily routines. Children learn by watching, so instilling a good foundation of positive wellness practices puts them on a pathway to sustained health.
In this video, Sione has an important talk with his father about his health. This conversation leads to Sione’s father taking his health more seriously, so he starts on a journey of increased health and wellness.
At Pacific Learners, we are passionate about seeing our children reach their full potential. The topic of Health and Wellbeing needs to be talked about at home, and not left to teachers. Putting our children on a pathway to healthily living sets our children up for a long and fulfilled life.
4 positive outcomes of leading a healthy lifestyle for children:
- Perform better academically by being able to concentrate and having a clear mind
- Feel better about themselves, their bodies and their abilities.
- Cope with stress and regulate their emotions better.
- Avoid feelings of low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression.
4 Health and Wellbeing videos you might find useful
- Improving Health and Wellbeing – In this video, Mrs. Ioane takes her class through some exercises
- Saying no to fizzy drinks – Tooth decay is a major issue for our young children, in this video Mrs. Ioane talks about saying no to fizzy drinks
- Coping with stress and anxiety – In the first video in the Stress and Anxiety series, we look at the impact stress and anxiety has on our children
- Supporting our children through Stress – Through the zoom classroom sessions, Mrs. Ioane highlight 5 tips of how to deal with stress